When I think about New Orleans, the first thing that comes to mind is indulging in the culinary scene infused by the French and Creole cuisines. Thanks to New Orleans yelpers, our weekend getaway is pretty much an EATaway, an itinerary drafted particularly with food in mind. Surely, the food in New Orleans did not disappoint.
(Note: This itinerary is mainly in the French Quarter district, where we stayed for the trip.)
- Check into the hotel, and head over to Cafe Du Monde for classic beignets with a cup of cafe au lait. The line may seem long, but it goes by fast!
- [Food break] Walk around Jackson Square and enjoy the street performances.
- Dine at Eat New Orleans for dinner. BYO beverages!
- Head to Bar Tonique for post-dinner festivities.
- Start the day with brunch at Bayona.
- Stroll around the French Market. Snack fresh oysters, roasted corns, or crawfish if you wish.
- [Food break] Visit The Calbido. (It’s actually quite small.)
- Get a cup of cafe au lait at Cafe Beignet. Add an order of beignets if you dare. :) Beignets here are better than Cafe Du Mond in my opinion.
- [Food break] Stroll around Bourbon Street and enjoy the architecture and window-shopping.
- Dine at GW Fins for dinner. The smoked sizzling oysters are amazing, and you can’t go wrong with any seafood entree on the menu – there’s no daily special because everyday’s menu is created based on the catch of the day.
- After dinner, hang out at The Bombay Club if you like cocktails and live music.
Bon appétit, and have fun!