I’ve just returned from a (second) trip to Bali, somewhat at a loss for words to express how at home I felt there. As one who generally favors the visual over the verbal, I shall resort to the good ol’ fashioned Top Ten List…my favorite things about Bali, with as few words as possible.
(Pura Ulun Danu on Lake Beratan)
(Cleansed at Tampak Siring)
9. FRIENDLY MONKEYS
8. COLORING AT BALI BUDA. A great restaurant for fellow herbivores, like myself. They also have coloring sheets which are probably meant for children, but no one’s going to stop you…
7. COFFEE TASTINGS WITH A SLOW LORIS. Can be found here.
6. UBUD. I would love to live in a place where this is considered a traffic jam:
5. LOCALS. I’m convinced that the Balinese are the most hospitable people in the world.
4. YOGA. For those interested, this is where I practice in Bali. I highly recommend it.
3. DOGS. If you find yourself in Bali and have the time, please consider donating to or volunteering with BAWA (Bali Animal Welfare Association). They do great work in finding homes for the MANY stray dogs in Bali! This is one of their dogs, named Pinot.
2. GREEN. It’s everywhere. :)
1. THIS. Views from the summit of Mt. Agung. Maybe the most incredible thing I’ve seen firsthand.