I want to introduce a lovely spot for those who are planning a romantic dinner or simply want to splurge on a tasting of gastronomical adventures.
Luce required the entire party to participate in the tasting experience. Mind you, it’s not unusual for restaurants to have the whole table do tastings together for the timing purpose.
- Chilled Ocean Flavors in Spring Citrus Consomme (Diver Scallop, Prawns, Trout Roe)
- Poached Rhubarb & Sheep’s Milk (Celery, Apple, White Sesame)
- Seared Artisan Foie Gras (Spiced Oats with Pistachio, Huckleberries)
- Early Spring (Marinated Strawberries & White Balsamic)
- Poached Lobster, Charred Onion & Fig Vinegar, Turnips, Buckwheat
- Lamb Loin, Slowly Cooked with Herbs and Butter, Yellow Foot Chanterelle, Young Garlic, Toasted Green Wheat
- Pomegranate, Yogurt Snow
- Milk Chocolate & Passion Fruit
The chef selected his seasonal picks and therefore ensured the freshest ingredients. Each item had multiple layers of flavors which developed and lingered on your tongue – they were seasoned thoughtfully and perfectly with nothing to overpower another.
The spacious atmosphere was nice too. It was designed with a raised ceiling and modern interior decorations. I enjoyed sitting by the windows (plenty of light for photos before the sunset). We had our little corner – with good privacy yet not hidden when we needed the service.
Our tasting was $85 per person. With seasonal changes in the menu, it is $95 per person now. Although not priced for our everyday meal budget, we thought the tasting was worth it and were so happy that we chose this for our out-of-town guest. If the tasting is out of your budget, I recommend checking out the prefix Dine About Town menu in the next two weeks.
I would certainly make another special occasion to go back to Luce.
888 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94103